After taking a few weeks off to regain our bearings, Kurt, Allison and Al return with the first Bless You Boys Podcast of what looks to be an active off season.
BYB Podcast 64 has a running time of 58 minutes and features Kurt Mensching, Allison Hagen and Al Beaton.
- So what the Hell happened in the World Series?
- An American League championship is nothing to sneeze at.
- Jim Leyland's contract extension.
- Goodbye Jose Valverde, hello...who? Bruce Rondon? A closer to picked up in a few months? A committee?
- Delmon Young will get to frustrate another fan base to no end in 2013.
- Moving on are Gerald Laird, Don Kelly and most likely, Ryan Raburn.
- Jhonny Peralta and Octavio Dotel have their contract options picked up.
- Brennan Boesch will be tendered a contract.
- Will Torii Hunter be the right fielder in 2013?
- Justin Upton is available...but is the cost in prospects prohibitive?
- Anibal Sanchez reportedly wants a 5-6 year deal worth crazy money. Is he worth an expensive long-term deal?
- AL Cy Young nominees are Justin Verlander, David Price and Jered Weaver. Who wins and who should win?
- AL MVP nominees are Miguel Cabrera, Adrian Beltre, Robinson Cano, Josh Hamilton and Mike Trout. Who wins and who should win?
- Kurt asks you to vote Ishpeming as Sports Illustrated’s underdog school! Vote early, vote often, vote soon!
- Allison is going to MLB's winter meetings to hang with the baseball hipsters, troll Ozzie Guillen and make sure Jim Leyland isn't stealing candy bars from the hotel gift shop.
- Al sends his sincerest sympathies to Jacob Turner. He's stuck playing for the Marlins, who are blowing up their team for the...Hell, even the Marlins have lost count.
We LOVE to hear from you. If you have any questions or comments about the podcast, please email us at BYBPodcast at Gmail.com. You can also contact us via Twitter and Facebook!