For Bless You Boys Podcast 50, we decided to pull out all the stops and get the best possible guest guest. Instead, we ended up with Twitter sensation "Phil Coke's Brain." Seriously, we think he's kind of a big deal and loved having the disembodied brain of Phil Coke on the podcast! You learn can more about Phil Coke's Brain at his blog, Brain Matters.
BYB Podcast 50 has a running time of 1:11, and features Kurt Mensching, Al Beaton and special guest Phil Coke's Brain.
- We'll see you at Hockeytown Cafe this Saturday for the BYB Meetup!
- Meet Phil Coke's Brain!
- Who is Phil Coke's Brain?
- Where's the rest of you?
- Phil Coke's Brain's Twitter rankings!
- 3 runs allowed on Monday? Really?
- Tigers stand pat at the non-waiver trade deadline.
- Late afternoon rumors of the Cubs trading the very highly paid Alfonso Soriano to the Tigers lead nowhere.
- But more rumors state Soriano could still be had in August.
- Is Soriano a good fit, or would a cheaper, platoon bat coming off the bench be a better option?
- Delmon Young is crushing your soul.
- Will someone claim the return of Andy Dirks is the equivalent of a deadline deal?
- Where's the offense? I haven't seen it in a week.
- Dave Dombrowski speaks, says the Tigers have enough to win the Central despite the "lousy" road trip. Are you buying what he's selling?
- Thoughts on the trade deadline in general, including a Gorkys Hernandez sighting.
- Kurt's column calls out everyone who brings up the John Smoltz trade. GET OVER IT!
- This week in media idiocy features hosts on WXYT who were comparing Aníbal Sanchez and Omar Infante to Jarrod Washburn and Aubrey Huff after 1 week of play.
- JohnMoz's lightning round includes Latin players, chinstrap beards, what to do at the BYB Meetup and tasteful statuettes.
Quintin Berry mentions: Just a couple.
Twitter accounts mentioned: @PhilCokesBrain, @RestOfPhilCoke
Blogs mentioned: Brain Matters
We LOVE to hear from you. If you have any questions or comments about the podcast, please email us at BYBPodcast at Gmail.com.